Pages

Friday, November 25, 2011

A Thousand Clever Lines...

...unread on clever napkins.

As The Beatles would say "Ob-la-di, ob-la-da, life goes on" 
And it does. My life got crazy, and wild, and way, way ahead of me. And along the way, things got left behind.
I find that if I tell people I'm in the process of writing a novel, they let me off the hook.
I'm hoping you will offer me the same courtesy :)

My novel, newly dubbed "Evening, Star" stars (hee hee) Etoile Gordon.
Etoile is my baby. Never have I loved a character as much as I love her. And trust me when I say, I've had a lot of characters. There was just something about her that was stuck in my brain almost 24/7. I created her for a role playing thread on the NaNoWriMo website. When NaNo finally came around, it was like Etoile was tapping repeatedly on my brain, forcing me to abandon my previous plot (which I absolutely loved, by the way) and write a book about her instead.
I was weak and spineless, and I relented.
So far it's turned out all right. I'm super behind on my word count. I couldn't tell you how many times I just couldn't get the words to flow.
But man, do I love this story.

No comments:

Post a Comment