Pages

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Drama and stories

The beauty of high school is that nothing ever lasts very long, including my relationship with great guy.
But it's whatever. I'm chill.
Plus, of course, the regular drama of high school.

Now, because I wanted to actually post something, I putting up another except from my novel.

“Chase, can’t you please just tell me where we’re going? This blindfold thing is starting to get old. And it’s cold out here.”
Andy knew she was being whiney, and probably sounded like a brat, but she was beyond caring at the moment.
The moment Andy got into Chase’s car he blindfolded her. She felt uneasily like a kidnap victim, and memories of her six months in Cuba were creeping back into her mind, making her very uncomfortable.
 “Chase, please,” she begged, desperate for him to remove the blindfold. She knew she could do it herself, but was worried he would be more upset if she did. She felt the car come to a stop, and the blindfold fell away.
“Tell me why, Andy.” She shook her head, eyes shut tight, desperate to keep the tears at bay.
“Andrea…” She opened her eyes, and Chase was looking right at her, scared for her. She gave in.
“I was been eleven years old, and my dad and I had been in Cuba for maybe five months. I was finally starting to adjust to life there, when I was…kidnapped by some guerrillas. My dad was guarding the prince of England while he visited Cuba, and they had taken me in the hopes of getting some sort of ransom for my return.
“I had been leaving my tutor’s house and was walking back to the place my dad and I were staying at when they came up behind me, put a bag over my head and tossed me in the car. They took me to a dirty apartment, and locked me in the linen closet.
“They kept me there for nearly a month, only letting me out so they could check if I was still alive. It had been horrifying, and we went back to England the day after my dad finally found me. I traumatized me. And the forced darkness, the movement of the car…it brought it all back.”
It was almost the truth. Her dad had been undercover as an advisor to the prince to get information on one of the guards who had been deemed “suspicious”, Andy was posing as his daughter Sophie. She had been worth much more then plain old Andy.
Just telling Chase that, that one little part about her past no one (but her dad) knew about, made her feel even more vulnerable.
Maybe taking this assignment wasn’t such a good idea, she thought, thought she immediately took it back. Everything, absolutely everything that she had and was going through, was worth it to meet Chase.
“I’m sorry,” she murmured repeatedly, pushing herself against and curling into a ball. Chase unbuckled his seatbelt and scooted into her seat, pulling her into a hug.
“Why would you be sorry? I’m the one who put you in this situation, I made you relive it. I’m the one who should be sorry.”
“I get so scared all the time,” she whispered, the tears falling freely. He hugged her closer.
“It was horrible in there; it was dark all the time. I couldn’t see, and then they’d open the door and the light would hurt my eyes but I wouldn’t care, cause they might have been letting me go. But then they’d throw the leftovers of whatever food they had been eating in and shut the door. And it would be dark all over again.
“There’s always a light on in my house. Even in the broad daylight, there’s always at least one. I keep a lamp on in my room at night, a regular night light isn’t enough to keep the nightmares away. And I just feel so pathetic, like I should move past it already, but I can’t! I try and I try, but their faces are always somewhere in my mind!”
She clung to Chase now, sobbing heavily. He just held her all the more tighter, stroking her hair and whispering endearments in her ear. It was a couple minutes before she calmed down. She continued to sniffle for a few moments, and when she finally looked up at Chase her eyes were bright red, her makeup running down her face.
“I must look like a mess,” she muttered, rubbing at her face. Chase took her hands.
“You look beautiful.” Andy looked into his eyes and knew that he meant it, with all of his heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment