Pages

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Stuck Like Glue

I hate being stuck on a story. It’s probably my least favorite part about writing, because I get so frustrated in myself, and the story. (I can’t put all the blame on myself, now can I?) I can be sitting right in front of the computer, all prepared to start typing…and nothing. I know where it needs to go and I know how I want it to get there, but it’s like I’m just stuck on this one spot, and there’s no way to get unstuck.
It’s worse than writer’s block. At least then I have an excuse for not writing, I don’t know where to go with the plot. When I’m stuck, I just can’t seem to work up the strength to focus on my writing and, well, write. I’m just, stuck!
Until inspiration hits, I get back into the rhythm, and the story flows out of my brain and into the computer, via my fingers.
Thank you fingers, thank you.
Now I just need to find some magical cure for Sticky Fingers. (It sounds more like I’m stealing then having trouble writing.)


On another note, I have accomplished my good deed for the day. My brother and I just spent the last couple of hours helping our neighbor shovel out her driveway.
Karma owes me big time.

No comments:

Post a Comment